Greenville Alternative Teacher Education (GATE) Program
- A bachelor’s degree, with a major or emphasis in the content area desired from a regionally accredited college or university
- Non-U.S. transcripts evaluated by an approved independent agency, including a course-by course evaluation of non-U.S. coursework as it compares to a four-year program in the U.S., a semester-hour equivalent of each area of college-level study and a translation of course titles into English, if applicable
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Evidence of passing score(s) on the PRAXIS specialty area content examination(s) as required by the South Carolina
- A “clear status” from the South Carolina State Department of Education
- French or Spanish native speaker applicants: A postsecondary degree equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher in the US and proficient communication skills in all modes of the English language
Applicants who are graduates of teacher preparation programs or have held a teaching certificate or have been previously enrolled in another SC alternative certification program are not eligible for this program.