4K programs are offered at various elementary schools and six child development centers across Greenville County. Children who will be four years old on or before September 1, 2023 are eligible to apply for this free program. Priority for 4K placement is based on risk factors such as academic or developmental needs, low family income, or low parent education level. Parents will be notified of application status by April 1, 2023.
The GCS 4K program provides high quality, rigorous instruction in early reading, early math, and social-emotional skills using the SC Early Learning Standards. Students attend 7:45-2:15 each day. The GCS Virtual Program is not available to 4K students. Parents will have the opportunity to request a 4K classroom location in the application.
4K Flyer 4K Calendar 4K Locations
There are two ways parents can complete the application for their child. They can visit the Parent section of this website and set up a Backpack account. Once it’s set up, open the Backpack account, look for “Enroll A Student,” and follow the instructions.
For families that do not have internet access, the application can be completed at each school. Parents are urged to bring all the required documents when they visit the school. Children do not have to live in the school attendance area to apply at that location.
The following documents are required for online or face-to-face registration:
- Photo ID from any state or country
- Two current “proof of residency” documents (all must contain property address). These can be a combination of:
- Current bills – i.e. electric, gas, water, cable
- Current mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement with landlord’s name and phone number
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Signed Certificate of Immunization, Conditional Certificate of Immunization, or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate provided by Health Department)
Please note: completing the application does not guarantee enrollment in Greenville County Schools 4K program. Parents will be notified of application status by April 1, 2023.
For more information, please email 4K@greenville.k12.sc.us or call 864-452-0437.