4K Pre-Registration for 2018-2019
4K Pre-Registration begins January 16, 2018. To be considered, children must turn four-years-old on or before September 1, 2018. Parents may pre-register at any district elementary school or child development center UNTIL MARCH 2, 2018. Pre-registration will NOT be accepted after March 2. Children do not have to live in the school attendance area to pre-register at that location. Pre-registration does not guarantee enrollment in a GCS 4K program. Children selected for 4K programs must demonstrate academic/developmental needs and/or risk factors such as low family income and low parent education level. Screened children will be ranked district-wide and those most at-risk for school success will receive initial assignments. Notification of 4K acceptance will be mailed to parents late March 2018. PLEASE NOTE: 4K screenings will be held for pre-registered children March 14-16, 2018.
The parent/legal guardian must pre-register the child and bring the following documents (note, you cannot pre-register without these documents).
- Photo ID from any state or country
- Two current “proof of residency” documents (all must contain property address) These can be a combination of:
- Current bills – i.e. electric, gas, water, cable
- Current mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement with landlord’s name and phone number
- Birth Certificate
- Signed Certificate of Immunization, Conditional Certificate of Immunization or Religious Exemption Certificate
- In the case of a parent/legal guardian and child residing at a particular address with another adult, please bring a Notarized Residency Affidavit (found on Parent Forms Page) and two proofs of said adult’s residence (two on list above)
4K Pre-Registration Forms: