How to Apply - Homebound
You must complete the following:
- Homebound Teacher Application - If you are a current district employee (only currently approving current teachers for homebound) you only need to complete step 1.
- District Application or Teacher Application on CERRA website - The application (including CERRA) must be printed and mailed
- Voluntary Applicant Data
- Background Check Form
- Reference Form - You will need to send this to your reference and have it returned directly to the Human Resource Department. (may fax to 864-355-3975) --OR-- If you waive your right to review your references on the CERRA application you will not need to submit a separate reference form. References will print with your application.
We must have the Application, Reference (Or printed CERRA application with references) and Choice Point Authorization for the application to be complete.
All application paperwork should be submitted to:
Human Resources ATTN Homebound Teachers
Greenville County Schools
PO Box 2848
Greenville, SC 29602-2848
- Once your application is complete it will be on file as a homebound teacher.
- You may contact the school counseling departments at individual schools to determine available assignments.
- School counselors at each school are the primary contact for homebound teachers.
- We are only approving current GCS teachers for homebound services. All homebound teachers must hold a valid South Carolina teacher’s certificate. BEFORE you begin the assignment, you must be on the approved listing of homebound teachers and be approved by the student’s designated homebound contact.
For homebound application assistance, please call 355-7300 for Human Resources.