Shining Stars Teacher Recruitment Event
Monday, March 4, 2019
Thank you for your interest in Greenville County Schools. Registration for Shining Stars 2019 will open on Friday, February 1, 2019 and close on Wednesday, February 27, 2019. Registration closed.
What is Shining Stars?
The Shining Stars event is hosted each year by Greenville County Schools as a way for candidates searching for teaching positions to meet Greenville County Schools’ principals and district staff. The event will be held at the Greenville Convention Center and offers candidates the opportunity to explore our district.
All candidates who have not previously received a district interview will be interviewed by a member of the district staff. Candidates will participate in a career fair by visiting tables of schools in which they are interested. Check-in for the event opens at 8:00 on Monday, March 4th. Candidates should bring with them resumes they can distribute to the schools in which they choose to visit.
Please take a moment to read through our FAQ information as it should answer most of your questions.
Monday, March 4, 2019
- 8:00 - 9:00 - Registration Opens
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Welcome: Dr. Royster, Superintendent, and other Community Leaders
- 9:30 - 12:30 - Candidate Interviews and Networking with School Principals at Career Fair
Application Procedures for Teacher/Licensed Educator Candidates
Applicants for a teaching position must complete an online teaching application to be considered for employment with Greenville County Schools. Additionally, applicants must be licensed to teach in South Carolina or in the process of obtaining South Carolina licensure.
The application process requires two confidential references submitted online at the site indicated above.
If you have teaching experience, references should be from your most recent principal and/or assistant principal, not from a peer.
- If you are a new teacher, references should be from your cooperating teacher(s) and supervising professor.
- If you are a former district employee, references must be from your last district supervisor.
- If you are currently employed in a non-educational capacity, references should be from your current supervisor(s).
- If you are not employed, references should be from your immediate past supervisor(s).
Please do not hand-deliver, fax, email, or mail references to the district office. All references must be listed in your profile and must include a current email address.