Shining Stars Teacher Recruitment Event
Monday, March 2, 2020
Thank you for your interest in Greenville County Schools. Registration for Shining Stars 2020 opened on Monday, January 27, 2020 and will close on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
What is Shining Stars?
The Shining Stars event is hosted each year by Greenville County Schools as a way for candidates searching for teaching positions to meet Greenville County Schools’ principals and district staff. The event will be held at the Greenville Convention Center and offers candidates the opportunity to explore our district.
All candidates who have not previously received a district interview will be interviewed by a member of the district staff. Candidates will participate in a career fair by visiting tables of schools in which they are interested. Check-in for the event opens at 8:00 on Monday, March 2nd. Candidates should bring resumes they can distribute to the schools in which they choose to visit.
Please take a moment to read through our FAQ information as it should answer most of your questions.
Monday, March 2, 2020
- 8:00 - 9:00 - Registration Opens
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Welcome: Dr. Royster, Superintendent, and other Community Leaders
- 9:30 - 12:00 - Candidate Interviews and Networking with School Principals at Career Fair
Application Procedures for Teacher/Licensed Educator Candidates
Applicants for a teaching position must complete an online teaching application to be considered for employment with Greenville County Schools. Additionally, applicants must be licensed to teach in South Carolina or in the process of obtaining South Carolina licensure.
The application process requires two confidential references submitted online.
If you have teaching experience, references should be from your most recent principal and/or assistant principal.
- If you are a new teacher, references should be from your cooperating teacher(s) and supervising professor.
- If you are a former district employee, references must be from your last district supervisor.
- If you are currently employed in a non-educational capacity, references should be from your current supervisor(s).
- If you are not employed, references should be from your immediate past supervisor(s).
Please do not hand-deliver, fax, email, or mail references to the district office. All references must be listed in your online profile and must include a current email address.
Interested in a Career in Teaching but Don’t Hold a Teaching Certificate?
Information on the Greenville Alternative Teacher Education program Also, our GATE Coordinator will be present at Shining Stars to answer any questions you may have.