Anyone who, due to a lack of housing, lives:
- In a shelter
- In a motel
- In a vehicle
- In a campground
- On the street
- Doubled up with relatives or friends
Every homeless student has the right to...
- Go to school no matter where they live or how long they've lived there.
- Continue in the school they attended before becoming homeless or the school they last attended.
- Receive transportation to the school they attended before becoming homeless or the school they last attended, if it is feasible and in the best interest of the child.
- Attend school and participate in school programs with children who are not homeless.
- Enroll in school without giving a permanent address.
- Enroll and attend classes while the school arranges for the transfer of school and immunization records or any other documents required for enrollment.
- Enroll and attend classes in the school of choice even while the school and parent/guardian seek to resolve a dispute over enrollment.
- Participate in special programs and receive school services as needed
Irene Hamilton Jones, MAT, Homeless Education Liaison
McKinney-Vento Project Coordinator
M. T. Anderson Support Center
100 Blassingame Road
Greenville, SC 29605
Phone: 864-355-7366 | Fax: 864-355-9754
Cathy Hall, LMSW
McKinney-Vento District Social Worker
Greenville County Schools
(864) 452-0022 office
(864) 520-6866 cell (call or text- preferred contact)
(864) 355-2062 fax