First Class Teacher and Mentor Awards Announced
Greenville County Schools recently announced the First Class Teacher and Mentor Awards. The purpose of these awards was to recognize first-year teachers and mentors at each level for outstanding performance. The four levels are Elementary, Middle, High, and Special Centers. Each recipient received $100 and a trophy sponsored by Public Education Partners, as well as recognition during Teacher Appreciation Week.
First Class Teacher Award
The First Class Teacher Award recognizes outstanding Induction Contract Teachers (first-year teachers) who have a passion for teaching, are committed to developing their students, are willing to grow, and excel in the classroom. Nominators explained how the teacher goes beyond the call of duty to display the standard for a first-year teacher and improve the lives of students.
- Gina Selvaggi, Greenbrier Elementary, First Grade
- Emilee Osmer, Ralph Chandler Middle, Mathematics
- Harrison Thornton, Travelers Rest High, Band
- Caroline Grose, Washington Center, Special Education
First Class Mentor Award
The First Class Mentor Award recognizes outstanding Mentors who have a passion for teaching, are committed to developing early career teachers or teachers new to South Carolina, are willing to support mentees’ growth, and are excelling in the educational space as a mentor. Nominators explained how the mentor goes beyond the call of duty to display the standard for a mentor and improve the teaching experience of an early career teacher or teacher new to South Carolina.
- Mary Margaret Robertson, Augusta Circle Elementary, Fifth Grade
- Tamara Uria, Greenville Middle Academy, ESOL
- Rhianon Andry, Blue Ridge High, Science