12 GCS Educators Complete Aspiring Principal Institute
Twelve Greenville County Schools educators recently completed the Aspiring Principal Institute (API), a year-long program involving more than 50 hours of instruction, skill development, leadership shadowing, small group book studies, and mentoring by district leaders.
The purpose of API is to provide professional growth and leadership development opportunities for aspiring principals with a focus on instructional leadership, effective management, and communication.
Program coordinators are Mrs. Brenda Byrd, Mrs. Karen Kapp, Mrs. Traci Hogan, Ms. Nerissa Lewis, Dr. Megan Mitchell-Hoefer, Dr. David McDonald, Mr. Scott Rhymer, and Mr. Eric Williams.
2019-2020 API Graduates
- Josh Albin, Bryson Elementary
- Wallace Cobbs, Welcome Elementary
- Heather Dye, Mitchell Rd. Elementary
- Jennifer Holman, Augusta Circle Elementary
- Shane Kenney, Grove Elementary
- Kelly Sanderson, Greenville High
- Erica Scott, Riverside High
- Steven Sokohl, Berea Middle
- Candice Stanton, Slater-Marietta Elementary
- Angel Stepp, Southside High
- Candace Strickland, Bonds Career Center
- Ashley Wardlaw, Wade Hampton High