Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2016
School Board Trustee Chuck Saylors was elected treasurer of the South Carolina School Boards Association (SCSBA) during the association’s annual Delegate Assembly this past Saturday, December 3.
Saylors was elected to the Greenville County Schools Board in 2002 and has served on numerous Board committees. He has served on the South Carolina Association of School Administrators board since 2013. In 2009, he was elected as the first male president of the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA), a position he held for two years. Saylors is the vice-president of the Construction Management Division of MB Kahn Construction Company. He and his wife Teresa have four children and four granddaughters.
The association’s annual business meeting, which was held during the association’s Legislative Advocacy Conference, included voting delegates from most of the state’s 81 school boards. In addition to electing association officers, delegates adopted resolutions to guide the association during the 2017 legislative session.
Officers elected to lead the association’s board of directors for a one-year term are as follows:
- President, Queenie Boyd, Lee County School District
- President-elect, Wesley Hightower, Aiken County School District
- Vice President, Tony Folk, Dorchester School District Four
- Secretary, Cheryl Burgess, Lexington School District Three
Others elected to serve a four-year term on the 23-member board of directors as regional directors are:
- Region 2 Director, Cindy Bohn Coats, Charleston County School District
- Region 4 Director, Janice Morreale, Horry County Schools
- Region 8 Director, Jamie Devine, Richland One School District
- Region 12 Director, Annie McDaniel, Fairfield County School District
- Region 16 Director, Tom Dobbins, Anderson County School District 4
The South Carolina School Boards Association is a non-profit organization serving as a source of information and a statewide voice for boards governing the state’s 81 school districts.