Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in public or private kindergarten unless the parent or legal guardian signs a waiver (see Kindergarten Non-Attendance Form at the link below). Any child who will be six years old on or before September 1 of the current year must enroll in first grade.
To enroll a new student in kindergarten or first grade, a parent must present the following at registration:
- Photo ID from any state or country
- Two current “proof of residency” documents (all must contain property address) These can be a combination of:
- Current bills – i.e. electric, gas, water, cable
- Current mortgage statement or current signed lease agreement with landlord’s name and phone number
- Birth Certificate
- Signed Certificate of Immunization, Conditional Certificate of Immunization, or Religious Exemption Certificate (Religious Exemption Certificate provided by Health Department)
The GCS Student Enrollment Form and Home Language Survey are provided at the link below if you would like to complete and bring with you to the school when you go to register.
To find out where your child will attend kindergarten or first grade, call the INFOLine at 355-3100 or visit Find Your School.
5K and First Grade Registration Forms