Posted: Thursday, April 4, 2019
Superintendent Surprises Teachers with Top 10 Finalists Announcement
Greenville County Schools Superintendent Burke Royster made surprise visits today to the classrooms of ten teachers, telling them they have been named finalists for the 2019-2020 GCS Teacher of the Year.
The finalists are, in alphabetical order:
- Charnley DeMerritt, STEM Lab, Oakview Elementary
- Krista Ennis, Music, Woodland Elementary
- Susan McCoy, Science, Greer Middle School
- Jill Parker, Kindergarten, Skyland Elementary School
- Kathryn Polley, Music, Augusta Circle Elementary
- Lori Robbins, ESOL, Mauldin High
- Teresa Rozakos, Math, League Academy
- Benjamin Sinnett, Science, Greenville Middle Academy
- Brooke Tidwell, Four-Year-Old Kindergarten, Golden Strip Child Development Center
- Jamie Walden, Welding, Enoree Career Center
The process of selecting the ten finalists began last fall when schools and centers selected their individual Teacher of the Year. Applications were reviewed by a Screening Committee and a Selection Committee. The Selection Committee will choose the next Teacher of the Year after participating in classroom observations and individual interviews with the Top Ten. The announcement naming Greenville County’s 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year will be made in August.