Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019
10 Employees Named Emerging Leaders
Greenville County Schools is proud to announce that 10 employees have been named to the Emerging Leaders Class of 2019 by South Carolina ASCD. They join 14 employees who were named Emerging Leaders in previous years.
- Sara Awtrey – Monaview Elementary School, Instructional Coach
- Sarah Cox – Monaview Elementary School, Literacy Specialist
- Anna Doyle – Buena Vista Elementary School, Teacher
- Melissa Hester – Monaview Elementary School, 5th Grade Teacher
- Victoria Salvat – Blythe Academy of Languages, Instructional Coach
- Abigail Schiferl - Mauldin Middle School, Teacher
- Shelley Smith – Travelers Rest High School, Teacher
- Jennifer Woody - Beck International Academy, Assistant Principal
- Jamie Whitlock – Woodmont High School, Instructional Coach
- Logan Wright – Wade Hampton High School, Instructional Coach
The South Carolina Emerging Leader Program is comprised of an accomplished group of educators, generally with 5 to 15 years of experience, who desire to become more involved in our state's educational community. Emerging Leaders (ELs) are passionate and committed to the Whole Child, a belief that every child in that state of South Carolina deserves to be healthy, safe, supported, challenged and engaged.
SCASCD Emerging Leaders are expected to share their expertise and exemplary practices with SCASCD members and the larger education community. With a track record of success, ELs leverage their passion and enthusiasm to attract high caliber people to the field and mobilize other young educators to continuously improve their practice and become education leaders.ed networking experiences, South Carolina ASCD’s Emerging Leaders have many opportunities to grow their leadership skills and participate in world-class professional development.