Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016
Greenville County Schools will celebrate American Education Week with other schools and districts across the nation during the week of November 14-18 with the theme Inspiration happens here every day.
Greenville County Schools, the nation’s 44th largest school district, understands and encourages the active involvement of parents, volunteers, and the community as our more than 5,000 teachers inspire young people to reach for the stars and build plans for their futures.
Schools will host special events during the week to spotlight teachers and other staff. Parents and other community members are invited to visit a local school to observe the outstanding students, staff and programs of Greenville County Schools. To find your local schools, visit our website at www.greenville.k12.sc.us.
About Greenville County Schools
- Largest District in SC; 44th Largest in Nation
- More than 76,000 Students in Grades K-12
- The GCS Class of 2016 received $121.7 million in college scholarship offers.
- About 15% of our students attend school on choice, making GCS the state leader.
- GCS students scored above the state average on the SAT and ACT College Entrance Tests.
- Nine out of 10 GCS juniors earned National Career Readiness Certificates.
- About 10,000 Employees; About 5,000 Teachers
- 99% of teachers are highly qualified content experts.
- GCS boasts more National Board Certified Teachers (683) than 25 states, and we rank 13th of 14,000 school districts in the nation for total number of NBCTs.
- Elementary - 51
- Middle - 20
- High - 14
- Centers - 17 (Career, Child Development, Special)