The primary focus of Capturing Kids' Hearts is to develop healthy relationships between members of a school's educational community and to teach effective skills that help participants:
- Develop self-management classrooms and decrease discipline issues through innovative techniques such as Social Contract.
- Decrease delinquent behaviors such as disruptive outbursts, violent acts, and drug use.
- Utilize the Excel Teaching Model and reinforce the role of emotional intelligence in teaching.
- Utilize SOLER Listening and other teambuilding activities to build classroom rapport and teamwork in order to create a safe, trusting learning environment where students are empathetic to diverse cultures/backgrounds.
- Increase classroom attendance by building students' motivation and helping them take responsibility for their actions and performance through the use of Four Questions.
- What are you doing?
- What are you supposed to be doing?
- Are you doing that?
- What are you going to do about it?