Welcome to Lakeview Middle School. My name is Kathy Dobbins and I am the principal. I have been a teacher, assistant principal, principal, and college professor for the past 39 years and I am very excited to become a part of the Lakeview family. Eleanor Roosevelt once said “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” As we begin the start of a new school year together, I want to share with you my hopes and dreams:
1. I hope for a place where students will be engaged in learning through the arts, athletics and academics.
2. I hope for a place where students always do their best and strive for academic success.
3. I hope for a place where parents, grandparents and all family members feel welcome and become actively involved in our school.
4. I hope for a place where respect is given and received. I believe in the Golden Rule.
5. Lastly, and most important to me, I hope for a place where every child will feel love and success on a daily basis.
I know there are challenges before us as we continue to expand our knowledge and search for new ways to provide the best education for ALL of our students. Now, let’s celebrate our history, our exciting present, and the possibilities of the future. As Mother Teresa once said, “Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not yet come; we have only today, let us begin.”