Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
The mission of the faculty and staff of Berea High School is to prepare our students to become productive, responsible citizens who make a difference in the local and global communities.
The world needs people who not only know how to read, write, and compute but who are also willing and able to contribute to the common good. The world needs people who can gather and use information, who can create and adapt, who can think and solve problems independently and with others. The world needs people who, as they earn a living and as they make a life, also make a difference. The world needs people who are committed to excellence and who are inspired to serve. We at Berea High School are committed to creating a challenging, supportive environment and to providing meaningful opportunities for all students to realize their full potential while in school and throughout their lives.
- We believe community, character, and excellence are the hallmarks of what a great school should be.
- We believe what we are doing at school is important, that our students can succeed, and that we are not going to give up on those who struggle.
- We believe we share our mission with the home and with the community.
- We believe the student is the most important person in the school and that each student deserves respect, encouragement, and acceptance.
- We believe real school improvement depends first, last, and foremost on the quality of instruction in the classroom.
- We believe in the pursuit of excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
- We believe the purpose of school is to make our students smart and to make them good.