Join The FIVE Network on November 18 to learn about an exclusive mentoring for 9th-graders in Greenville County high schools. Students that are selected for this program will be connected to a team of five professional mentors from across the country, via a safe and secure mobile app.
• FIVE connects 9th-grade high school students to influential mentors from across the country via a safe and secure mobile app.
• Thanks to corporate partnerships, this program is free of charge to students and schools.
• Each student is matched based on shared interest with a dedicated team of five adults: (3) mentors from across the country representing different professions, as well as (2) mentors who are FIVE employees.
• Throughout the 5-year duration of this program, mentors will expose students to professional experiences, expand their personal networks, and serve as a positive presence in their lives. Additionally, students receive daily content teaching skills and habits for a healthy life and professional success. Some examples of the content FIVE is producing: World of Work Video #1 - Drone Operator & Benefits of Meditation.
• Enrollment ends in Mid-November.
• To learn more about FIVE, please visit https://thefivenetwork.com/faq/
Learn about FIVE
Monday, November 18
Greenville ONE Center
2 West Washington Street
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to see highlights of our athletes in action? Check out our Facebook page. Want to keep up with events going on at Southside? Check out our Facebook page!
Facebook Page - @shstiger
Interested in art or writing? The literary and arts magazine is looking for submissions. Check us out on the school website, talk to your English teacher, or see Mrs. Cushwa in room C-111 for more information.
Send submissions to https://forms.gle/yviXGh9VBuaYbhjA6
Parent Backpack is an online application that replaces the PowerSchool Parent Portal. With Parent Backpack, you are able to view your child's grades, school attendance, and any discipline incidents when you are logged into the system. Best of all, Parent Backpack works on any device and is mobile friendly.
To access Parent Backpack, go to https://parents.gcsbackpack.com and create an account. Please access directions by clicking on Creating a Parent Backpack Account- English Directions or Direcciones en Español.
**PLEASE NOTE: You will still have to come to Southside in person with identification to complete the registration process (listed in the directions above). You will also need your student's ID number as well.
Do you have a desire to go to college? Are you willing to work hard to make it happen? If so, AVID may be a great fit for you. The AVID Program will be available for the 2019-2020 School Year. AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) is a college readiness system to prepare students in the academic middle for four-year college eligibility by taking more rigorous courses at Southside (Dual Credit, AP, or IB).
The three main components of the AVID college readiness system are academic instruction, tutorial support, and motivational and college prep activities. The AVID curriculum is based on writing as a tool of learning, inquiry method, collaborative grouping, organization, and academic reading. Contact: Ms. Ransome for more information.