With the implementation of Project-Based Learning throughout the NewTech@Mann curriculum, students are assessed in numerous and often non-traditional ways. Student success is measured using a set of school-wide learning outcomes (SWLOs). The distribution of grade weight across these outcomes helps ensure an accurate measurement of student performance in our program. The following are descriptions of each SWLO and how much weight they carry in a student’s overall grade.
- Knowledge and Thinking – 50% – The ability to reason, problem-solve, develop sound arguments or decisions, and create new ideas by using appropriate sources and applying the knowledge and skills of a discipline.
- Written Communication - 15% – The ability to effectively communicate content knowledge and thinking through writing by organizing and structuring ideas and using discipline appropriate language and conventions.
- Oral Communication – 15% - The ability to effectively communicate content knowledge and thinking through oral interactions and presentations.
- Collaboration – 10% – The ability to demonstrate effective communication, responsibility, initiative, and leadership in order to be a productive member of diverse teams.
- Agency - 10% – The ability to reflect on the development of self-management skills, learning habits, and mindsets.