January 10, 2022 - March 11, 2022
A limited number of full-day 4K classrooms are offered in some elementary schools and six GCS Child Development Centers. These 4K classrooms are for children at risk for school readiness. Children selected for the GCS 4K program must demonstrate academic/developmental needs and/or risk factors such as low family income and low parent education level.
The GCS 4K program provides high quality, rigorous instruction in early reading, early math, and social-emotional skills using the SC Early Learning Standards. Students attend 7:45-2:15. The GCS Virtual Program is not available to 4K students. Children must be four years old on or before September 1, 2022 to be considered for this free program, beginning August 2022.
Parents must complete the online application. If you do not have internet or need assistance please email 4K@greenville.k12.sc.us or call 864-452-0437. You can visit 4K Programs webpage for more information.
Please contact the health room at 864-355-6007 to make an appointment to drop off medications.
Parents are encouraged to sign up for parent backpack. You will need your student's school ID number to add your student once you have enrolled as the parent. Please visit the GCSD link below for information to get started.
Regular attendance is crucial in the success of every student. Here are a few reminders to help you and your student have a successful year at Heritage Elementary:
• The building opens for students at 7:00 am
• School starts promptly at 7:45 am
• No early dismissals after 1:45 pm
• School is dismissed at 2:15 pm
• Students should be picked up from school no later than 2:30 pm
• A parent must send a note for ANY absence or it will remain unexcused
• Students are allowed to miss 10 non-medical school days each year.
• All absences after the 10th non-medical absence must be for medical reasons and accompanied by a note from a doctor.
• A student must attend at least 3 hours or 180 minutes to be counted present for the day.
Doctor's notes or parent notes can also be faxed to 864-355-6046. Please feel free to call our school office for any questions at 864-355-6000.
Please visit GCSD Student Services - Health Services webpage for up to date information pertaining to health room and medication policies.