Car Line Etiquette
Safety is a focus at GMA, especially in the car line. Please adhere to the following procedures when dropping off and/or picking up your student from campus.
- Student drop off begins at 7:30 AM and no earlier. Do not leave students unattended.
- Stay in line to the far right and drop off and load at the front porch area. Students should quickly exit wherever they stop in the line at the front of the school, and walk
- to the entrance of the building.
- Do not park on Lowndes and allow students to exit your vehicle. You will be ticketed.
- Do not drop off or pick up students except in the designated area at the front of the school.
- Students cannot be dropped off in the school parking lot. Please use the car line.
- Please be mindful that we have many students who walk to the church and walk home from school.
- All cars will line up single file in the front of the school as far right as possible.
- Do not block roads, intersections, or private driveways.
- When the lane fills up from the front porch of the school to the school entrance, traffic will begin to line up on Perrin Road in a single line.
- Pull as close to the curb on Lowndes and Perrin, as school buses will need to pass on your left.
- We strongly encourage exiting to the right once leaving campus. This route will easily take you towards downtown and Pleasantburg Road.
- Student safety is our priority. We use the Car Line System to assist us with a safe dismissal process. Please pay attention to the staff directing cars in the line. We will
- utilize a double line to load cars and safely dismiss one line at a time. The double line will begin at 2:45 PM and no earlier.
- Please be courteous and take turns at the intersections.
Since we create a double line in the car line at 2:45 PM, no early dismissals will occur after 2:30 PM.
Please Note: Crossing Guards do not direct traffic. If you have a concern regarding crossing guards, please contact the Greenville County Sheriff’s Department.