School Improvement Council
What is SIC?
The SIC, or School Improvement Council, brings together parents, teachers, faculty and community partners to collaborate on issues or topics that result in the improvement of our school. SICs are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina.
What are some of the things that the SIC does?
SICs utilize subcommittees to research and implement various programs to support academic growth and improve progress. At Blythe, some of the goals for this school year include:
- Continue to increase parental and community awareness of advocacy issues that impact public education and Blythe Academy
- Continue to assist and collaborate with the PTA, faculty and community to enhance the academic setting and facilitate learning
- Continue to increase parental awareness of their role and unique aspects of the immersion program through parent information seminars
- Continue to increase community awareness of the immersion program through media, collaboration with middle schools, and neighborhood relations.
- Continue to ensure the routes to and from school are safe for children who are walking, biking and carpooling
- Increase the focus on health and wellness in school activities and routines by supporting the new menu and CATCH programs
- Continue efforts to improve the outdoor playground and school grounds
How can the SIC help me as a parent?
- Provide a forum for your voice to be heard
- Help you learn about issues that impact public education
- Assist in getting to know faculty, administration and other Blythe parents
- Strengthen the school that your children attend
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in serving on the SIC or have questions regarding the SIC, please contact the chair.