Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021
PSAT/NMSQT Registration for Homeschool Students
Greenville County Schools is offering the PSAT/NMSQT testing opportunity at Lifelong Learning Adult Education Center (directions) for homeschool students in Greenville County’s attendance area.
Participating Grade Levels
- Testing is available for students currently enrolled in grades 8, 10, and 11.
Registration & Testing Requirements
- Student must live in the Greenville County’s attendance area - verified by Lifelong Learning at registration (e.g., Driver’s License, passport).
- Student must participate in a homeschooling program.
- Student must register and pay the $30.00 test fee (cash only) which includes the cost of the test. The fee is non-refundable.
- After registration is complete, students will be assigned a testing day (October 13 or October 26). Testing is expected to occur on October 13; however, October 26 will only be used if needed based on the number of registrations. If both test dates are used, students will be randomly assigned a test date. Requests for a specific test date and/or changing of test dates is prohibited. Ensure your student is available for both test days as the fee is non-refundable. Lifelong Learning will email parents by September 20 to notify them of their student’s assigned testing day.
- If testing accommodations are needed for students with disabilities, parents are responsible for completing the accommodations submission process directly with the College Board. Accommodations must be approved by the College Board’s Services for Students with Disabilities in order for the accommodations to be provided for the PSAT/NMSQT. Parents are required to supply accommodation approvals received from the College Board at the time of registration only. This allows Lifelong Learning to order the necessary materials and plan for testing.
- Students must create a student College Board account in order to review test scores. Neither Lifelong Learning nor the district will handle the student account/receive scores for homeschool students.
- Registration Dates: September 7-10 (No registrations will be accepted after September 10).
- Registration Hours: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: Lifelong Learning, 206 Wilkins Street, Greenville, SC 29605
- Contact: 355-6088
- Cost: $30.00 fee (cash only) to be paid at the time of registration. The fee is non-refundable.
- 8th grade participation requires a parent permission letter to be signed at the time of registration. This form will be available at Lifelong Learning when registering.
- Each student will need to bring a Photo ID (e.g., Driver’s License, passport) on test day in order to test. If a student does not have a Photo ID available for test day, Lifelong Learning will supply a Student ID form at the time of registration. This form may be completed by Lifelong Learning if the student is in attendance at registration and supplies a photo ID. The student must bring a photograph that will closely resemble the student’s appearance on test day. This form must be completed in the presence of the school staff or a notary. Refer to photo requirements below.
College Board’s Photo Requirements:
Make sure student photo:
- Shows only the student—no other people are visible.
- Shows a head-and-shoulders view with the entire face, both eyes, and hair clearly visible (a head covering worn for religious purposes is acceptable).
- Is properly focused with no dark spots or shadows.
- Is an original photo, not a copy.
- Is not altered in any way using media filters, lenses, or icons.
October 2021 (Once registration is complete, the assigned test date will be communicated via email no later than Monday, September 20, 2021).
Testing Location & Contacts
Lifelong Learning, 206 Wilkins Street, Greenville, SC 29605
- Sheila Brock or Mike Thorne, 355-6088