3000 East Gap Creek Dr.
Greer , SC 29651
Telephone: (864) 355-5700
Fax: (864) 355-5725
Grades: 9th - 12th Grade
Enrollment: 776 (in-person) 440 (virtual)
School Location: Greer High is located at 3000 East Gap Creek Rd
Principal: Justin Ludley
Awards and Honors
- Accredited as an International Baccalaureate World School
- The Senior Class of 2019-2020 Earned Over 8.68 million in College Scholarship Offerings.
- 74% of the Senior Graduating Class Earned Industry-Recognized Career Certifications.
- The Student Body Raised over $30,000 During 2018 Spirit Week for Charity.
- Greer High Virtual Enterprise Program is 5-time State Champions and Competes in National and International Competitions.
- In 2019-2020, there were 597 Dual Credit hours earned for college credit.
- In 2018, the Varsity Football team finished as Upper State Champions.
- In 2019, the Boys Cross Country Team won the AAAA State Championship.
- State Award Winning Marching Band Program
- Greer High Choral Music students annually participate in All-State and District Choirs.
- Greer High Art Department students annually enter Multiple Art Competitions and win at local and regional levels (Artisphere, PTSA Reflections, City of Greer, etc.).
- In 2018-2019, the Service Learning Program completed over 4,000 hours of service.
- South Carolina Teaching Fellows Award Winners
- Watson Brown Scholarship Award Recipients
For a closer look...
For more in-depth information on this school including programs, course offerings, extracurricular activities, and more - visit www.greenville.k12.sc.us/greerhs/
If you would like information about the School Report Card rating, visit the State Department of Education Website, screportcards.com.
For more information, call INFOLine at 864-355-3100, visit our website at www.greenville.k12.sc.us.
Greer High is located in its present facility that was completed in 1998. The school is situated on 105 acres of land in a rural setting north of Greer. The school has more than 100 classrooms that are noteworthy for: eight computer labs, a state of the art manufacturing lab, a Project Lead the Way Computer Science Lab, science labs, an instructional Media Center, the 600 seat Margaret Burch Auditorium that is equipped with light and sound systems, an open and remodeled Marion Waters Commons Area, acoustically sound Band and Choral Music Rooms with private rehearsal rooms, the 2000 seat Lewis Phillips Gymnasium and a secondary mini-gym, and an attractive Atrium area that represents the IB Program international emphasis with an international flag court. In 2020, construction was completed on the newly renovated Physical Education wing of the school building. Greer High School has a new state of the art weight room, a new multi-purpose exercise room, a new Girls’ Locker Room, and a new Sports Medicine Lab classroom that also serves as the Athletic Training Room. Additionally, Greer High has two art studios with a photography lab and kiln and a Virtual Enterprise class lab. Athletic facilities include a football stadium with expanded seating for 5,100, concession stands, restrooms, and a scoreboard. Greer High also has tennis courts, an eight lane track, and excellent baseball and softball facilities that are lighted. All facilities are handicapped accessible.
- Administrators: 5
- Teachers/Professional Staff: 82
- Support Staff: 13
- Instructional Offerings include a comprehensive International Baccalaureate Diploma Program that leads to the IB Diploma, Advanced Placement (AP) Courses in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies, 5 Dual Credit Courses through Greenville Tech
- Dual Credit Teacher Cadet Program Through Presbyterian College that Prepares Students for Entry into Collegiate Teacher Education Programs
- Career and Technical Education Courses in Health Sciences, Sports Medicine, Agriculture, and Advanced Manufacturing that Lead to Licensure and Certification in a Career Pathway
- Freshman Academy which Offers Many Support Activities such as an After School Tutoring Program
- State-of-the-Art Manufacturing Lab and Program where Students Prepare for Manufacturing Certification Pathways at Bonds Career Center
- Virtual Enterprise Program where students participate in entrepreneurial opportunities in Business Education and compete on state and national levels
- The Project Lead the Way Computer Science Program that Includes Lab Activities
- Modern Language Offerings are Available in French, German, and Spanish
- Art Program that Consists of Four Levels of Art Instruction, Photography, Ceramics, and IB Art
- Students can participate in the AFJROTC through a partnership with Blue Ridge High School
- High Level of Technology Infrastructure which includes the District Personalized Learning Initiative (1:1) where every student has a Chromebook and Access to Current Software and Applications, School Wi Fi, Promethean Boards in All Classrooms which allow for Interactive, Student-Centered Instruction
- Academic and Service Support Clubs Including the National Honor Society, Beta Club, National Art Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, LEO Club, Lego Challenge Club, Spanish Club, French Club, Academic Team, Computer Science Team, FFA, etc.
- 33 Athletic Teams - 18 Varsity, 15 Sub-varsity
- Student and Teacher Friendly Media Center with Advanced Technology and Software Use
- Jacket Book Club that Promotes Reading Through the Use of Award Winning Adolescent Literature
- Greer Hive Times Serves as a Daily Online School Newspaper that Covers all School Activities and Events
- Annual College Application Day where College Admission and Recruiting Counselors Assist Seniors in Filing College Applications Online
- Release Time Classes for Elective Credit are Offered Off-Campus by the Greer Christian Learning Center
- Service Learning that Promotes Volunteerism in the Greater Greer Community
- Innovative Peer Tutoring Program for General Education Students to Support Special Needs Learners
- Active Student Government
- Active PTSA, School Improvement Council, and Sports Booster Club