Spotlight on Riverside
Documents and Forms
Friends of Riverside
RHS PTSA E-Blast
News & Notes
Important Information Regarding VirtualSC Final Exams
The final exam window is from July 30th – August 1st. You must take your exam during this three day window. This is the only exam window for VirtualSC.
- Letters including final exam dates and times will be mailed home Wednesday, July 10th. This letter includes your final exam date and time. If you have not received your letter by the end of the day on Monday, July 15th please contact Ms. Peasley at email@example.com so she can assist you.
- You MUST take your exam at your scheduled date and time in person at Riverside High School. Due to the high volume of students taking virtual classes over the summer, rescheduling your exam session will not be possible.
- All VirtualSC final exams will be proctored at Riverside High School in the Media Center. Please park in the student parking lot and enter at the student entrance.
- Exam sessions are two hours long. You do not have to stay the entire session if you finish your exam early. Once you have completed your exam you are expected to leave the building.
- Please bring your school ID when you attend your virtual school exam. This will ensure your entrance into the building during our summer hours.
Summer Enrollment of New Students coming to RHS for 2019-20
The RHS School Counseling Department will be holding Summer Registration on the following dates to enroll NEW students coming to RHS for the 2019-2020 school year.
- July 15 & July 16
- July 29 & July 30
- August 5
Parents are asked to stop by the RHS Main Office to pick up an enrollment packet along with an appointment card for their enrollment. ALL SUMMER ENROLLMENTS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY! We ask that you complete the enrollment packet in its entirety and bring the following documents with you --
- State or Country Photo ID
- 2 current "proofs of residency" as explained within the enrollment packet
- Birth certificate
Certificate of Immunization
- Withdrawal or Transfer Form from previous school along with final report card or unofficial transcript
If applicable - a copy of an IEP or 504 Plan for the student or court ordered guardianship documents
New students will be given an English placement test during their appointment time. Total appointment time may be up to two to two and an half hours.
Grade 9: Thursday, August 15
- 5:30 PM - 6:45 PM (Orientation for A-K)
- 6:45 PM - 7:15 PM (Pep Rally in gym for students & meeting in auditorium for parents)
- 7:15 PM - 8:30 PM (Orientation for L-Z)
Grade 12: Thursday, August 15 9 AM - 11 AM
Grade 11: Friday, August 16 8 AM - 10 AM
Grade 10: Friday, August 16 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- School pictures will be made for grades 9, 10 and 11. School district dress code must be followed.
- Parking Information - READ CAREFULLY
- Parking tags will be sold. A defensive driving certification is no longer required to buy a parking pass. The cost of the pass is $45. Please download and complete the 2019-20 Parking Application and bring all required documentation (copy of your driver's license, current insurance card & registration card) with you to purchase your pass.
- Orientation for self-contained special education students, all grade levels, will be held on Friday, August 16 from 10:30 AM until 12:30 PM. These orientations will be held in the classroom witht he teachers. Yearbook pictures will be taken during this time.
Senior Make-Up Pictures
Make-up pictures for Seniors will take place on September 23, 24, & 25 from 1:30 PM until 5 PM in the RHS Audiotorium. Seniors will need to sign up for an appointment time. There is a $20 sitting fee which can be paid by cash or credit card (no checks). Students should wear an appropriate outfit for their casual portrait (no t-shirts) and will need to change into the required tuxedo or drape top during the portrait session. The tuxedo or drape top is provided. For girls, a short necklace (pearls or a small pendant necklace) is recommended.
If You're in a Crisis Now....
If you're in a crisis now, do not hesitate to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255) For the hearing impaired, contact the Lifeline by TTY: 1-800-799-4889
- To chat online with a Crisis Counselor through the National Suicide Prevention Website
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline website: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Girls Tennis Try-Outs
Riverside Girls Tennis Try-Outs will begin on Monday, August 5th. Please have all of the required athletic forms completed and submitted on Planet High School by Thursday, August 1st. Directions and all forms can be found on Riverside's Website under Athletics. All athletes with completed forms will be called on Sunday to be told what time to report. Athletes should plan on being at try-outs and practice (if make team) each day until the start of school. Questions should be emailed to Mrs. Elsey at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-20 Student Parking