Teacher Forum and Leadership Council
To promote the improvement of education for the students of Greenville County Schools by encouraging educators in four professional areas: 1) advocacy, 2) communication, 3) leadership, and 4) outreach.
The Teacher Forum exists to encourage educators to become actively involved in the leadership and advocacy of our profession. The forum facilitates greater communication and understanding regarding state and local educational policies and goals by providing opportunities for teachers to communicate with each other, central office administration, educational leaders, and the communities we serve.
The Teacher Forum is comprised of all current school level Teachers of the Year. The forum meets as a whole twice a year and is chaired by the previous year’s District Teacher of the Year. The forum is guided by a Leadership Council which meets monthly with Central Office staff. The Leadership Council consists of past and present GCS District Teachers of the Year (permanent membership), GCS Top Ten Teachers of the Year (2 year term), and ten at-large members elected annually from previous Leadership Council membership (1 year term).
- Advocacy – To increase professional awareness and provide support for teachers
- Communication – To foster communication between school and district stakeholders
- Leadership – To promote and support teacher leadership within and beyond the school setting
- Outreach – To build relationships between school, community and business partners
- Fall and Spring GCS Teacher Forum Workshops
- Central Office Updates
- School Board Appreciation Dinner
- Voter Drive and Initiatives
- Legislative Panels and Updates
- Annual Teacher Cadet Conference for Future Teachers
- Volunteer Drives – Public Education Partners (PEP), Frazee Dream Center, F.I.K.E., Mentor Greenville, and Upstate Circle of Friends