Professional Certificate Renewal
All contract employees must renew through the GCSD Central Office. Employees may submit renewal documentation as soon as renewal requirements have been met; you will not lose time on your certificate by applying for renewal early.
Professional Development for Certificate Renewal
The following are some examples of activities that are NOT eligible for certificate renewal credit:
- association membership/leadership activities
- committee/board/faculty meetings
- business meetings
- performance of required duties and responsibilities like on-the-job training or orientation
- activities where the educator was paid (not including mentoring, PAS-T third evaluator, or teaching a college class)
- juried art events
- unsupervised study
- CPR/First Aid
- test administration training
Obtaining Copy of Educator Certificate
The educator must keep their Professional Growth and Development Plan or PAS-T goals in their portfolio.
Leaving the District
Upon leaving the school district, it is the responsibility of the educator to immediately contact the Greenville County Schools Certification/Human Resources Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, to request their renewal credits be posted to their certificate at the South Carolina State Department of Education.
GCSD employee contact for further assistance: