Staff Appreciation Luncheon
The next Staff Appreciation luncheon is Thursday, December 19th. The meal for the staff will be fried chicken to be provided by the PTA. We are asking for volunteers to send in sides and desserts. We will need 6-8 side dishes and 6-8 desserts per grade level. Please contact Marcy Bullard at email@example.com if you would like to help!
7th Grade Newsletter
This is a busy time of year for our 7th graders. To learn what they have been doing and will be doing, please check out their newsletter here.
Annual Holiday Shop
8th Grade Newsletter
Dear Parents and Students,
It is hard to believe that we will be on Christmas Break in less than three weeks. When we return in January there will be a lot going on and this includes mid-year exams, Individual Graduation Plans, registration for high school, spring sports tryouts, MAP testing, PASS writing in March, eighth grade dance, and the list could go on and on. You need to make sure that academics/grades come first and then the enjoyment of social/athletic events – please do not lose sight that this is your last year of Middle School and the next phase of your educational life begins anew with High School. To read more, click here (front page) (back page).
Beta Club Thanks Everyone!
Beta Club sends a BIG thank you to everyone who donated cat/dog food and supplies. We collected over 400 cans of food, dozens of towels/blankets, money and much more! Greenville County Animal Care was thrilled with all that was collected for the cats and dogs!
8th Grade Math
Studying and Being Successful in Math:
1. Listen in class and write down the notes.
2. Copy down all the examples and do the practice problems.
3. Take your notebook home each night. Read over your notes and examples. This will not take a long time. Doing this EVERY night will increase your retention of the day's lesson.
4. Use your notes and examples to help you with your graded assignments.
5. Ask questions if you do not understand something.
6. Math teachers are available to answer questions.
7. The textbook's website for Math 8 is http://my.hrw.com
8. Use the login and password given to you to try quizzes and see the video tutor.
9. You also may download a QR reader to your smartphone or ipad and see the video tutor from the top right corner of the first page of each lesson in your disposable text.
Buy Your Yearbook Now
Order your Hillcrest Middle yearbook now! Order directly from Josten's at Jostens.com. Or order one from the Hillcrest Middle Office by sending $30 to Mrs. Bruce in the office.