- School opens - 7:15am
- Breakfast hours - 7:15-7:50am
- School hours - 8am-2:30pm
- Office hours - 7:30am-4pm
- Library hours - 8:15am-3pm
- No early dismissal after 2pm
"A rich heritage of cultivating world-class learners!"
1st Quarter Reading Challenge
Your child's goal: Read as many pages as possible between now and October 22nd. Reading logs MUST be turned in to Ms. Knight no later than Wednesday, October 28th. We’ll have prizes for those who read the most in each grade level, and every participant will receive recognition!
How do you record reading? Students receive reading logs during their class' library orientation, but you can print out a reading log here if you want to begin documenting books read. List books (with page numbers) as you complete them. An adult must sign by each book read. Add the total number of pages read during the 1st quarter.
All students in grades 2-5 will take MAP testing in September for Reading and Math. Classroom teachers will let you know specific dates for their class. Please be sure that your child is at school and gets a good night’s sleep. Encourage your child to do his/her best.
- Remember to return all forms as soon as possible (emergency, PTA, volunteer, etc.).
- Join PTA! We would love to have 100% membership!
- Be sure to write your child's name in belongings that could be left at school. Our lost and found will be sent to charity once a month.
School doors open at 7:15, and school begins at 8:00. If students arrive after the staff member on duty has left the post out front, an adult must come to the office to sign the child in. Students should arrive by 7:30 if they are planning to eat breakfast. Remember that all students should be picked up no later than 3:00. This is for safety purposes.
District Progress Report
Click here for the District's 2015 Progress Report.
2014-15 School Portfolio
For the 2014-15 Fork Shoals School portfolio, click here.
2015 Report to the Community
Click here for the SIC's 2015 Report to the Fork Shoals School community.