- School opens - 7:15am
- Breakfast hours - 7:15-7:50am
- School hours - 8am-2:30pm
- Office hours - 7:30am-4pm
- Library hours - 8:15am-3pm
- No early dismissal after 2pm
"A rich heritage of cultivating world-class learners!"
2nd Quarter Reading Challenge
Plan to make reading part of your holiday break! There's still time to participate in our 2nd Quarter Reading Challenge which runs through January 15th (the last day of the 2nd quarter).
Reading logs were sent home with students, but you can visit the library or click here for extras. List books (with page numbers) as you complete them. An adult must sign by each book read. Add the total number of pages read during the 2nd quarter. (Any reading logs without totaled page numbers and/or parent signatures will be returned to the student.)
All reading logs should be returned to Ms. Knight by Wednesday, January 21st.
Be sure to pre-order your yearbook by January 15th. Forms have been sent home. You can also click here for extra forms. Yearbooks will be in color, and the cost $17.00. There will only be a limited number of extras in the spring, so order yours by January 15th!
PTA holiday events
- School Store bucks can be purchased through PTA for stocking stuffers, party favors, etc. Contact the PTA at email@example.com or at 915-3498 if interested.
- The Holiday Shop will be open next week, December 15th-19th. Classes have a set time to visit the shop. Items cost between $1.00 and $5.00. More information can be found at or by contacting PTA at or 355-5057. Click here to view the informational flyer that was sent home. If you do not have the envelope, you can just write the information on a blank envelope.
- The Holiday Fair will be open during our evening events on December 15th and 16th. There will be twenty vendors as well as fun activities for kids.
School Portfolio and Strategic Plan
For the 2014 Fork Shoals School portfolio and strategic plan, click here.
2014 FSS Report to the Community
Click here for the SIC's 2014 Report to the Fork Shoals School community.